My name is Grant Cameron. I am a private UFO investigator. For the past 38 years I have attempted to focus on what the highest levels of the US Government, military, and intelligence agencies know about the UFO phenomena. I am the Director of the Presidents UFO Website and the co-author of the recently released book “UFOs, Area 51, and Government Informants.”
In 2012 the Obama White House put out a statement that there is no credible evidence for ETs and no cover-up by the government. Based on my years of research I would like to present a few pieces of evidence which shows that this statement written by a low level White House staffer is ill informed and not true.
• The first evidence comes from a Truman library oral history where General Robert Landry clearly stated that from February of 1948 until Truman left office in 1953, he briefed the President orally on the subject of flying saucers every three months. This would have added up to almost 20 briefings.
• Truman stated in at least one video, “Yes we discussed it at every conference that we had with the military. There were always things like that going on – flying saucers and other things.”
• In 1969 the government shut down its official investigation into UFOs, stating there was no evidence that UFOs were extraterrestrial. If this were true the government would have shut up and allowed the subject to fade into history. This, however, is not what happened. Only three short years after shutting down Blue Book, at the Direction of the Secretary of the Air Force, two documentary producers signed a standard film contract at the Pentagon to do a documentary on UFOs. They were provided with a number of films and pictures including a film of an extraterrestrial landing at Holloman Air Force Base of which they used 8 seconds in the final production. They were given another UFO film, marked Top Secret that was never returned and is still in their possession. The documentary was funded with $250,000 and they were asked not to source the funder in the credits. A CIA agent was present through the entire production, and as Linda Howe can testify she saw a letter to one of the producers from President Richard Nixon thanking him for his cooperation on the project.
• Senator Barry Goldwater wrote extensively on UFOs such as in 1975 when he wrote of his friend General Curtis LeMay refusing him access in 1964 to the Blue Room at Wright Patterson AFB (where alien hardware and bodies were rumored to be held). “I made an effort to find out what was in the building at Wright-Patterson Air Force base,” wrote Goldwater, “and I was understandably denied this request. It is still classified above Top Secret.”1
• As Chairman of the Senate intelligence committee Goldwater continued to answer UFO letters, saying in one letter, “this thing has gotten so highly-classified… it is just impossible to get anything on it,”2 In another letter, “I have no idea of who controls the flow of need-to-know because, frankly, I was told in such an emphatic way that it was none of my business that I’ve never tried to make it to my business since.” And finally, “I have been interested in this subject for a long time and I do know that whatever the Air Force has on the subject is going to remain highly classified.” 3
• Those waiting for the President to stand up and say ETs are here should know that event occurred on June 27, 1981. Steven Spielberg stated that after the screening of “ET –The Extraterrestrial” in the White House theatre Reagan “just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, ‘I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie, and then he looked around the room and said, ‘And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true.’ And he said it without smiling!”4
• If you check the files at the Bush Library you will find nothing on UFOs. My files, however, include an audio of President Bush during the 1988 campaign commenting on UFOs in which he said “I know some. I know a fair bit.” Likewise, I have a video of Vice President Dan Quayle stating, “The alien situation is very interesting. We literally spent some time . . . uh . . . looking at this.”
• In April 2001 I asked Vice-President Dick Cheney if he had been briefed on the subject of UFOs on the Diane Rehm radio show. Instead of stating there was no credible ET evidence Cheney replied, “If I had been briefed on that subject, it would probably be classified and I wouldn’t be talking about it.”
• Even President Obama has said things that run contrary to the statement put out by his own White House. This might be because neither he nor anyone in his office saw the petition on the ET question despite the fact that over 12,000 people signed the petition addressed to the President.
• During a visit to Roswell, New Mexico in 2012, President Obama referred to the Roswell crash saying, “We’re going to keep our secrets here.” This raises the question – In light of the statement put out by his office that there is no ET cover-up – what Roswell secrets is President Obama referring to?
• Then during a White House tour President Obama anticipated the question that actor Will Smith’s son Jaden wanted to ask him about the reality of extraterrestrials. When they arrived in the White House situation room, the President said to Jaden, “I know what you want to ask. You want to ask about the aliens. I can neither confirm nor deny that extraterrestrials have visited Earth, but if they had, and if there had been a Top Secret meeting on the subject, it would have occurred in this very room.”
• Then there is the story of Area-51 covered by the 19 time Emmy award winning investigative reporter George Knapp who has spent years covering the story. Knapp has stated that he has over two dozen witnesses who tell bits and pieces a story of a captured live alien and extraterrestrial space crafts that are being back-engineered on the Nevada test site. He also had a revealing interview on the subject of recovered alien craft with Senator Howard Cannon shortly before his death. Knapp stated that six of his witnesses were threatened which succeeded in stopping them from going on camera.
• Finally, in July 2012 Chase Brandon, a 42 year veteran of the CIA, was a guest of 2,000,000 listeners of the overnight radio talk show called Coast to Coast AM. His words on the ET cover-up were clear, as he referenced material he had seen at CIA headquarters. “I absolutely know, as I sit here talking to you that there was a craft from beyond this world that crashed at Roswell and that the military picked up the remains of not just the wreckage but cadavers. 100% in my heart and soul,” said Brandon, ‘Roswell happened. There was a craft and absolutely cadavers….I don’t know where the stuff is but I know Roswell happened.”
1 Letter, Barry Goldwater to Schlomo Arnon, March 1975.
2 Letter Goldwater to Lee Graham, October 19, 1981, http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Goldwater_1.pdf
3 http://www.presidentialufo.com/document-downloads/doc_download/221-1984-1 4 http://www.openminds.tv/spielberg-confirms-reagan-705/
1) Who are some of the witnesses Knapp had? What happened in the conversation with Senator Cannon?
2) What did the CIA say about the Brandon story that the CIA had records on an ET crash at Roswell?