Oscar Santa María Huertas Chasing a UFO CHD 5-02

On Friday April 11th 1980, at 7.15 a.m., about 1,800 people engaged in the early daily work at “La Joya” air base sighted towards the end of the landing runway an object that resembled an aerostatic globe hanging in the air, about 5 km away from the base and at a height of 600 meters.
As the radar system had not detected the approaching globe, and since the object was not responding to radio calls either in local frequency or in international emergency made by the control tower, and because the object was in an area that was off limits for non-military aircraft without flight permit, and it was feared to be part of espionage activities that would pose danger to national security, the Unit’s Second Commander ordered the Sukoi-22 Air Squad to send one of its alert pilots to shoot down the object.
The Air Squad Commander ordered me to fly in and knock down the so- called globe before it came closer to the Air Base facilities. Quickly, I proceeded to the line of flights and to the climb phase; on that day, my plane was duly equipped with 30mm projectiles.
After take-off, I made a right-side ascension, up to 2,500 meters, and prepared for an attack maneuver, framing the object within my firing sights. When I was within shooting range, I fired 64 30-mm projectiles against it, expecting to see the object destroyed. However, that did not occur.
Apparently, the globe was unscathed, and it began to gain altitude and move away from the Air Base at great speed. I then proceeded to chase it by connecting my aircraft’s pos-combustion.
All through the chase, my plane flew at an averaged 950 km/h and was not able to catch up with the object. When it was 84 km away from the Base, at a height of 11,000 meters, the “globe” suddenly halted. I then made an evasive maneuver to avoid collision, and prepared myself for the proper firing conditions.
When I was close to firing distance, the “globe” made a sharp turn upwards, leaving me underneath it, completely unable to fire at it. In two other occasions, I proceeded to make an attack maneuver against the “globe”, but it in both occasions, it evaded my attach by climbing higher up, and at the last minute before I fired, it reached a height of 14,000 meters.
I decided to accelerate at great speed and climb really high, so that I could hit the object while descending upon it in near vertical fashion. If, during the attack, the globe should start climbing up again as it did in the three previous occasions, it would still remain in my sights and I could have fired easily.
I sped up until I reached a 1.6 mach speed, almost 1,850 km/h, and began to ascend, expecting to climb high enough to make an attach maneuver; but to my amazement, the “globe” began to ascend at great speed, paralleling to my position, thus rendering all attempts to shoot useless.
I continued to ascend, expecting to overtake it and initiate the attack, but I couldn’t do it. We thus reached the height of 19,200 meters, about 63,000 feet, when the “globe” stopped its climb. I then tried to fix my firing sights upon the “globe” so I could fire at it, but I still wasn’t possible, as I was still underneath it. Suddenly I saw my aircraft signaling a low fuel level, indicating I still had enough fuel to return and land the aircraft.
Unable to proceed with my attach, I approached the “globe” to about 100 meters, and as I looked closer I was amazed to see that the “globe” was not an aerostatic globe at all, but a 10-m diameter object with a lacquered, non-metallic dome on top, creamy in color; its basis had a wide metallic and circular surface of silvery color. The object had no wings, propulsion engines, windows, antennas, etc., which are common features in aircraft.
As I got over my amazement, I began to fly back to the Air Base and reported my sighting to the control tower.
It was a 22-minute period of maneuvers which are firmly registered in my memory, and which have convinced me that extraterrestrial life is real.
Oscar Santa María Huertas